16 January 2014

Patagonia's land

I'm such a big fan of Ann Street Studio work and even though I get surprised e.v.e.r.y.s.i.n.g.l.e post they create, I am particularly thrilled with these ones from Chile.

What on earth makes you choose such an outlandish part of the world to go to? What can be the attraction? These, and similar questions and exclamations I heard from the lips of my friends and acquaintances, when I told them of my intended trip to Patagonia, the land of the Giants. What was the attraction in going to an outlandish place so many miles away? The answer to the question was contained in its own words. Precisely because it was an outlandish place and so far away, I chose it. Palled for the moment with civilization and its surroundings, I wanted to escape somewhere where I could be as far removed from them as possible. There I would be able to penetrate into vast wilds, virgin as yet to the foot of man. Scenes of infinite beauty and grandeur might be lying hidden in the silent solitude of the mountains that bound the barren plains of the Pampas, into whose mysterious recesses no one as yet had ever ventured.

Lady Florence Dixie
 









 Photos and source: Ann Street Studio (here &here &here )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...